Today my Belgian roommate Karlijn and I went to the Eastern Market farmers and flea market. This market is huge, and part of it is housed in a large building. But every Sunday they have a flea market along with the farmers market, and it was impressive! There was something for everyone there, to say the least. Dresses, bags, pictures, giraffe sculptures, hats, scarves, yard ornaments, lobster rolls, fresh meats and cheeses, wooden signs, jewelry galore....you get the picture!
I didn't have much cash on me, so I didn't buy anything. But we're going back next weekend because I sampled some amazing salsa and some apples as well. The apples were larger than a softball and absolutely scrumptious! I am looking forward to buying some next week. :)
We also went down to Chinatown and bought some postcards. If anyone sends me mail this semester, I'll be sure to mail you a postcard back! My address is:
Jennifer Daugherty
1005 3rd NE, Apt. 302
Washington, DC 20002
DC is kinda strange because it's divided into quadrants: NE, NW, SE, SW. If you ever visit, be sure you know which quadrant your street is on. Because 19 Street NE is far, far away from 19th Street NW. :) But overall the city is laid out VERY logically, much better than O-Town, Iowa. It's kinda hard to get lost if you have an address. Perfect for me!!
-Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment