Today was my starting day for the internship at the Ecological Society of America. Today was an unusual day at the office because they were holding a 6 hour conference planning meeting. However, that got me into the thick of things and helped me understand a lot more about the conference I will help to organize. Talk about a learning experience though! There were about 8 people there, from several notable organizations in ecology and education. And they just talked and talked and talked about ideas for the summit, and the resulting Action Plan they hope to craft.
The conference will be in Mid October, and the purpose is to develop a sustainable, achievable plan to create national environmental literacy. AKA making ecology/environmental science/sustainability/etc a part of our nation's curriculum, K-12 and higher education. Pretty lofty goals! But I think they'll be successful.
That's pretty much all I did today. I have my OWN office, not a cubicle, but 4 solid walls. Pretty nice (for an intern, at least). Tomorrow I have a few different tasks to work on, and I think I'll really enjoy this internship. At the very least, I know I'll learn a lot of useful information and skills!
-Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment