Life in DC is always interesting! Whether it's tipsy people on the shuttle, creepy people on the metro, or escalators for carts. Yes...carts. We went to Target today to buy a DVD play for our room (cheap entertainment 101) and we discovered that next to the human escalators were cart escalators. Just push your cart in, hop on the escalator, and your cart comes up with you. It was pretty sweet! I shall try to put pictures up of it...I couldn't resist taking a few on my phone!
Life is settling into a nice normal. I am getting used to the morning commute-which is busy, stressful, and just not fun. However, it only takes about 10 minutes to get around on the metro in the morning, which is good because it's incredibly busy in the morning. And I take the bus back home, which is slower buy 1/2 the price of the metro. I hope to take the bus to work next week and back home because it is only $1, versus $2.15 on the metro. Pretty good deal!
The internship is going well. I've been pretty busy, and have learned some new stuff. I learned how to do a mail merge on Word, worked on the ESA website a bit, touched up my Excel skills, done a lot of letter/email writing, and am enjoying it! I get to go to a Press Conference next week, which should be neat. I have a few other meeting, which are for planning the 2 conferences happening this fall. I'm so glad to be working where I am!
I have lots of homework to do this weekend, but I won't think about that until tomorrow... :)
-Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment