Friday, September 17, 2010

Workin' Hard!

This week has been pretty busy! I've had a lot of meetings at my internship, and have gotten to do some interesting things.

On Wednesday I went to a press conference. The National Science Foundation was releasing a study of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education practices, and since the Summit I am helping with focuses on environmental education, getting the publication was a good thing to look at. So another coworker and I went down to the National Press Club (a pretty nice place) and got to hear from some of the Heads of the National Science Board and the National Science Foundation. I even had the chance to speak with the Acting Director of NSF, who is a dynamic speaker and really nice! I even managed to wrangle 150 copies of the publication, which we'll distribute at the conference! Mission accomplished.

Other than the various meetings all over DC, I've been busy preparing for the Summit and the Workshop coming this November. There's a lot to prepare for! But it keeps life interesting, and I like being busy. I also feel like I'm learning a lot more "office" skills-little things in Word, Excel, etc that I've never used before. After this internship I will feel confident listing computer programs on my resumé! It's really interesting to use things I had never heard of 2 weeks ago...Live and Learn...er...Work and Learn!

One of my roommates and I have the chance to tour the Capitol tomorrow through TWC. We're pretty excited! :)

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment