Work this past week has been odd. Since the Ecology and Education Summit is now over, I am finally remembering that there are times at work when you aren't frantically running around trying to finish tasks! Things have calmed down a bit, be we are still busy. Why, you may ask? Well in 2 weeks we have a workshop for college students-a 4 day event. Aka my first weekend in November will not exist.
Since the workshop is fast approaching, and I am the main intern in charge for this workshop, my focus immediately changed from Summit to NEON Workshop on Tuesday when I got to work. All those tasks we pushed aside for the Summit caught up to me, and I spent most of the week catching up. Still, much less busy and stressful than pre-Summit era. :D
On Thursday a few of us ESA people went to ANOTHER education conference, which related more directly to Climate Change. The Climate Change Education Workshop was held at the US Department of Commerce. If you are thinking about doing a conference in DC, I wouldn't recommend the Dept of Commerce. The security was insane-full DC federal security: official photo ID, x-ray bag search, metal detector, and even only allow 1 person in the entryway at a time. It was a bit inconvenient as a lot of people came (100 ish?). But the conference was interesting. I was VERY likely the only college student there, and Meghan (the other ESA intern) was likely the only grad student there. Everyone else appeared to be employees at various education/environmental agencies. A lot of the things we talked about were discussed at our EE Summit the week before, and some of the speakers were the same. But it was interesting to hear things from a different viewpoint, and nice to not be an employee (less stressful!) at the conference! ;)
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment