Hello everyone!
I'll soon be off on another adventure for the semester, this time in Washington, D.C. I will be studying in our nation's capitol through an internship program at The Washington Center. I am beyond excited for the semester!
Last week I received an internship offer, and I'll be working with the Ecological Society of America. I will be working with the Director of Education and Diversity Services. My main project for the first half of the semester will be helping to organize the Ecology and Education Summit. It is a national wide conference that will be held in mid-October. From then on, I'll be working on various other tasks relating to smaller workshops and an online database for college students.
For those of you who are wondering, I decided to study in D.C. for a few different reasons. I wanted to do another internship (I was an intern while studying in Mexico) that related both to my political science major and my environmental studies minor. I also really wanted to spend another semester off campus. I waffled between going to China or to D.C. I know, the two are sooo alike...and finally decided on Washington D.C. I'm hoping to live there after I graduate in the Spring (gulp!), so I view this as my trial for D.C. living!
I'll update as I learn more information and it gets closer to departure time. I am leaving on the Amtrak on August 28th, and be in D.C. the 29th. Why the Amtrak? I've never been on the trains, and I'm sure it'll be better than air travel!
-Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment