Monday, November 29, 2010

Time for an Update :)

Hello again everyone!

Yes, I am alive. I have just not updated for awhile. Sorry!

So...the last few weeks have been incredibly busy, and rather unpredictable. I've been to Iowa, New York, and alllll over DC. To be completely correct, I have been to Maryland, Kentucky, Iowa, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, and back to DC. Why? Here goes:

I ended up heading back home to Iowa the week before Thanksgiving for my Grandma's funeral. Not a fun reason to go back, but it was great to see my family and get back home for a few days. And to see my little doggies, who were very excited by the surprise visit.

The day after returning from a whirlwind trip to Iowa, my TWC program went on a day trip to NYC. I've never been to New York, and I was pretty excited to go. However, a 4 hour trip one way is quite a bit of travel for one day. The trip there was uneventful, just long. Once we got there, we had an hour to grab lunch- I got some pizza. You know, New York and pizza just kinda go together. Then we heard from a speaker at the US Mission to the UN. Pretty cool stuff! Then we had a tour of the UN Headquarters, which was pretty cool. We even got to go in the room where they actually hold the UN meetings. :) Then we had an hour to grab dinner then headed out. Literally, our time in NYC was about 4 hours. Then began the horrid bus ride home!

We were riding along when, bang thump thump...apparently the tire blew. We drove around trying to find a tire repair shop, but sadly none were open/could help. So we drove on to Baltimore (on a bum tire) and switched buses. However, we had to wait about an hour for the new bus to arrive. A few of us were a bit hungry, and saw a McDonald's in the distance. So we walked there, and only the drive thru was open. So, we knocked on the drive thru window and ordered while standing there in the drive thru. :) Those fries were delicious!

Finally, the new bus came and we drove the hour-ish trip back to DC. Talk about exhausted! After about 10 hours of travel back from Iowa the day before (including by car, 2 flights, train, and taxi) I spent about 10.5 hours on a bus to and from NYC the next day. I am a bit traveled out right now!

I shall update about Thanksgiving later on in the week!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment